Employment Opportunity at MCCA
With a mission to “advocate for a quality system of child care and to advance early childhood education as a profession and to provide services to their members”, Manitoba Child Care Association (MCCA) is now seeking an Executive Director to join their passionate and committed team.
The Executive Director plays a key role in the advocacy and policy development of early childhood care and education – the most formative years of a child’s development. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will be responsible for guiding the activities, operations and financial performance of MCCA.
As the Executive Director you’ll:
- Advocate for child care policy development by engaging with multiple levels of internal and external stakeholders such as provincial and federal government, members and associate members, school divisions, public and the media.
- Communicate and collaborate closely with the Board of Directors and its committees in policy development, strategic planning, budget management and the annual calendar.
- Provide leadership, guidance and support to a professional and well established team.
- Be responsible for day-to-day operations, financial administration, member relations and internal and external communications of the organization.
- Be aware and on top of industry best practices, trends, issues and research.
- Ensure all by-laws, files and records are maintained.
- Write and develop communication materials on topics of child care policy, development, operations and issues.
- Be the spokesperson for related media needs and engage in public relations activities.
- Provide oversight to membership services & programs, such as professional development, publications, insurance programs & resource development.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have extensive experience in the child care profession, ideally within advocacy or policy development.
- Have hands on experience in communicating and working with multiple stakeholders both in government and within the child care sector.
- Be a proven people leader with strength in consensus-building, relationship management and collaboration.
- Have strong budget and financial management experience.
- Possess strong writing and communication skills in developing internal and external content through various mediums such as print and social media.
To submit your candidacy:
Please email your resume in confidence to Annette Kohut, Executive Search Associate, at email@example.com.
To find out more about this opportunity, feel free to call Karin Pooley, VP Management & Executive Search at 204.940.3939.
Please note, criminal background and child abuse checks will be conducted on successful candidate.
Application deadline: December 1, 2017
Posted by Pat W at 2:53 pm