Website Ka Ni Kanichihk Day Care
Child Care Assistant
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for that special someone to join our Medicine Lodge Daycare team at 34 Higgins as a Casual Child Care Assistant (CCA).
The selected CCA is an energetic, culturally-competent individual who will incorporate Indigenous ways of being into all aspects of daily programming and program areas (play based curriculum including music, art, literature, physical activity, personal hygiene and healthy eating). You are someone who has an outgoing personality, experience working with children with different abilities, with a solid ability to connect with children. Our center is currently licensed for 16 spaces with 4 infants and 12 preschool aged children and our hours of operation are 8:30-4:30.
What We Offer
Ka Ni Kanichihk is a progressive, holistic organization that is invested in employee wellness. We are proud to offer:
· Wage is $16.05 – 17.17 per hour (if you have completed the 40-hour course requirement)
· 16 space working environment and enhanced staff to child ratios as required
· Free on-site parking
· Employee training & development
· A friendly, culturally safe and supportive environment
· Casual dress
Ka Ni Kanichihk is committed to achieving employment equity; therefore, candidates are encouraged to indicate in their covering letter if they are of Indigenous ancestry.
A review of applications will begin immediately and the search will remain open until the position is filled.
What You Bring
· Experience working with children of various ages and abilities;
· Able to lift children up to 20 pounds; bend, sit on low chairs, sit on floor, take walks, play in playground
· Child Care Assistant Certification; or willingness to obtain;
· Current First Aid and CPR training (Level C); or willingness to obtain within 3 months of hire
· Current Food Handler’s Certificate; or willing to obtain;
· 40-hour child development course recognized by ELCC; or willingness to obtain within one year of employment;
· Experience working with children with supportive requirements is an asset;
· Ability to communicate effectively with adults and children in English; an Indigenous language is an asset;
· Experience working with circle of security framework is considered an asset
· A recent (within the past 6 months) Child Abuse Registry Check and Criminal Record Check are required prior to beginning with the organization.
|Application Deadline||December 7th, 2023|
Please send the following in on attachment: Resume, Cover Letter, and two work related references to:
Human Resource Administrator
Ka Ni Kanichihk Inc.
Winnipeg, MB R3G 0R8
Fax # (204)953-5824