Child Care Assistant
CAHRD - Kookum's Preschool & Infant Centre
Child Care Assistant
WAGE TYPE: HOURLY
WAGE AMOUNT: $15.30 – $17.95
POSITION TYPE: PERMANENT, FULL-TIME, 37.5 HOURS/WEEK
Child Care Assistants are integral members of the daycare team and work closely with and provide support to the Early Childhood Educators (ECEs). CCAs assist with providing proper care by helping to direct and assess the positive emotional, physical, social and cognitive development of children by implementing appropriate activities and programs according to each child’s individual developmental abilities, interests and needs.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with and supports ECEs for periods of time, ensuring the children’s health, safety and well –being.
- Assist with maintaining a safe and healthy learning environment.
- Work with a variety of equipment, activities and opportunities to promote children’s physical, cognitive and communication skills as well as their creativity.
- Assist ECE s in creating an environment that builds positive self -concept and individual strength.
- Treat children as individuals in a respectful way, celebrates their successes, provides support and encouragement and is sensitive to different values and expectations.
- Promote positive interaction between children and adults by helping to develop social skills; encourages feelings of empathy and mutual respect; and helps set realistic behavioural expectations.
- Assist ECE s with guiding children in daily routine activities including arrival and departure activities, naps, snacks and other daily living activities.
- Assist in organizing, decorating and tidying the premises as well as prepares and stores material used in various programs, activities or special events.
- Current Infant/Child First Aid and CPR Certificate.
- Must have completed or be enrolled in the 40 hour program of studies as required by the Province of Manitoba (with the first year).
- Experience working with children in a related environment is preferred.
- Team work skills with well developed communication skills; with the ability to communicate effectively with children and parents from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs, be on your feet up to 8 hours and evacuate children during emergencies.
- CAHRD requires all of its employees be fully vaccinated against Covid-19; proof of vaccination is required before signing of employment contract.
|March 10th, 2024
Please submit resume and cover letter in one of the following manners:
1. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Visit www.cahrd.org/jobs to apply online
3. Drop off in person to Reception at 304-181 Higgins Avenue
Preference will be given to Indigenous candidates (Status, Non-status, Métis, or Inuit). Preference is also given to clients who are registered with CAHRD. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Go back to employment opportunities