Website YMCA-YWCA OF WINNIPEG
Child Care Assistant
JOIN THE YMCA-YWCA OF WINNIPEG!
Direct Support Worker for Youth, After School Program
Part Time, Monday–Friday, 3:00-6:00 p.m.
Glenlawn Collegiate, 770 St.Mary’s Rd
Vincent Massey Collegiate, 975 Dowker Ave
West Kildonan Collegiate, 101 Ridgecrest Ave
Windsor Park Collegiate, 1015 Cottonwood Rd
Are you passionate about working with youth ages 13-21? Are you creative and caring? Interested in affecting positive change in the lives of those who require additional support? This might be the right opportunity for you!
Why work at the Y?
· Great people and great work environment!
· Many opportunities for growth and advancement!
· Complimentary individual Y membership
· 5% employer-matching pension plan
Are you the right fit?
· Create a safe, respectful and fun environment for youth requiring additional support
· Able to develop warm, caring and responsive relationships with youth and their parents/caregivers
· Able to engage in recreational and leisure activities with participants
What else do you need?
· Emergency First Aid and CPR C certification
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to travel to a variety of programs throughout Winnipeg
· Education, training and/or demonstrated knowledge and ability to work with youth who require additional support is preferred
· Fully immunized against COVID-19 or valid exemption
WEVAS or NVCI training
The YMCA-YWCA of Winnipeg is committed to providing a safe environment for children and vulnerable individuals. All applicants will be thoroughly screened through a review process including Police Record Checks with Vulnerable Sector Search and Child Abuse Registry Checks. We also are committed to providing an inclusive environment where diversity is welcomed and encouraged. If you require accommodation during any part of the recruitment or selection process, please don’t hesitate to reach out. This includes providing you with alternate formats of this posting. We thank you for your interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you are hired, prior to your start date and as a condition of your employment, you will be required to provide proof that you are fully immunized against COVID-19 or have a valid exemption.
|Application Deadline||December 25th, 2022|
Submit your cover letter and resume indicating your preferred location to: firstname.lastname@example.org