Website YMCA-YWCA OF WINNIPEG
JOIN THE YMCA-YWCA OF WINNIPEG!
Coordinator, After School Program (ASP) for Youth with Additional Support Needs
At the Y we provide supportive, inclusive and welcoming environments where individuals are free to express themselves and participate in social activities. As the coordinator of the program, you will be responsible for the development and delivery of the After School Program for Youth with Additional Support Needs (ages 13 to 21). The Coordinator regularly monitors and assesses programming to ensure it follows developmentally appropriate practices.
Why work at the Y?
· Great people and great work environment!
· Many opportunities for growth and advancement!
· We pay most of your benefit premiums
· Complimentary individual Y membership
· 5% employer-matching pension plan
Are you the right fit?
· Able to manage multiple programs and supervise, lead and support a staff team
· Able to recruit, train and coach supervisors and staff
· Able to develop and manage budgets, as well as work with outside funders
· Experience in programming for youth with additional support needs
· Able to develop and maintain partnerships with school divisions and administration
· Proven ability to build rapport with youth with additional support needs and their families
What else do you need?
· 3 years’ experience in a similar role
· Post-secondary education in a related discipline
· NVCI or WEVAS recommended
· Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
· Emergency First Aid and CPR C certification
· Fully immunized against COVID-19 or valid exemption
· Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
· Ability to work a variety of shifts at various locations
· Clear Police Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search and Child and Adult Abuse Registry Check
The YMCA-YWCA of Winnipeg is committed to providing a safe environment for children and vulnerable individuals. All applicants will be thoroughly screened through a review process including Police Record Checks with Vulnerable Sector Search and Child Abuse Registry Checks. We also are committed to providing an inclusive environment where diversity is welcomed and encouraged. If you require accommodation during any part of the recruitment or selection process, please don’t hesitate to reach out. This includes providing you with alternate formats of this posting. We thank you for your interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you are hired, prior to your start date and as a condition of your employment, you will be required to provide proof that you are fully immunized against COVID-19 or have a valid exemption.
|Application Deadline||August 28th, 2022|
Submit your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com