Website YMCA-YWCA OF WINNIPEG
Early Childhood Educator
JOIN THE YMCA-YWCA OF WINNIPEG!
Early Childhood Educator II (ECE), School Age Child Care Program
Part Time, 30 hours per week, Split Shift, 7:00-10:00 a.m. & 3:00-6:00 p.m.
Lord Nelson School, 820 McPhillips St.
At the Y, we’ve never met a kid whose potential we couldn’t see. With 35+ child-care centres in and around Winnipeg, we’re able to help 1,900 kids grow in mind, spirit and body each year. To make a difference in a child’s life, keep reading!
Why work at the Y?
· Great people and great work environment!
· We pay most of your benefit premiums
· Complimentary Y individual membership
· 5% employer-matching pension plan
· Many opportunities for growth and advancement!
Are you the right fit?
· Honest, trustworthy and respectful in your approach with children
· Able to build positive relationships with children and families
· Able to implement activities which meet children’s needs
· Able to mentor other staff
· Able to apply ELCC and the Y’s standards and requirements
· Self-motivated, able to work independently and as part of a team
What else do you need?
· Manitoba Early Childhood Educator Level 2 or 3
· Experience in programming/working with pre-school or school-aged children
· Proven strategies in behaviour management
· Emergency First Aid and CPR C certification
· Fully immunized against COVID-19 or valid exemption
· Clear Police Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search and Child Abuse Registry Check
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Ability to complete written documentation
The YMCA-YWCA of Winnipeg is committed to providing a safe environment for children and vulnerable individuals. All applicants will be thoroughly screened through a review process including Police Record Checks with Vulnerable Sector Search and Child Abuse Registry Checks. We also are committed to providing an inclusive environment where diversity is welcomed and encouraged. If you require accommodation during any part of the recruitment or selection process, please don’t hesitate to reach out. This includes providing you with alternate formats of this posting. We thank you for your interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you are hired, prior to your start date and as a condition of your employment, you will be required to provide proof that you are fully immunized against COVID-19 or have a valid exemption.
|Application Deadline||September 3rd, 2022|
Submit your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com