Website YMCA-YWCA OF WINNIPEG
JOIN THE YMCA-YWCA OF WINNIPEG!
After School Program, Inclusion Supervisor
Part Time, Monday-Friday, 3:00-6:00 p.m. (16 hours per week)
Location – Glenlawn Collegiate, 770 St. Mary’s Rd.
Are you passionate about working with youth ages 13-21? Are you creative and caring? Interested in affecting positive change in the lives of those who require additional support? This might be the right opportunity for you! The After School Program Inclusion Supervisor is responsible for the daily operation of the program. They are a role model to the Inclusion Aides and youth supported in the program as well as a liaison between the program and the Coordinator.
Why work at the Y?
· Great people and great work environment!
· We pay most of your benefit premiums
· Complimentary Y individual membership
· 5% employer-matching pension plan
· Many opportunities for growth and advancement!
Are you the right fit?
· Create a safe and non-judgmental environment for youth with special needs, ages 13-21
· Facilitate and engage youth in fun activities
· Able to provide leadership, supervision and direction to staff and volunteers
· Able to actively communicate and develop relationships with participants, families, YMCA-YWCA staff and schools
· Able to travel to a variety of programs throughout Winnipeg
What else do you need?
· Education, training and/or demonstrated knowledge and ability to interact effectively and assist individuals with special support needs
· Experience working with youth with various special needs
· Experience supervising others
· Ability to lift and/or transfer over 50 lbs
· Emergency First Aid and CPR C certification
· Clear Police Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search and Child Abuse Registry Check
· WEVAS or NVCI certifications are considered an asset
The Y is committed to providing an inclusive environment where diversity is welcomed and encouraged. If you require accommodation during any part of the recruitment or selection process, please don’t hesitate to reach out. This includes providing you with alternate formats of this posting.
The Y is entrusted to provide a safe environment for children and vulnerable individuals. All applicants will be thoroughly screened through a review process including Police Record Checks with Vulnerable Sector Search and Child Abuse Registry Checks.
We thank you for your interest; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
|Application Deadline||December 10th, 2023|
Submit your cover letter and resume to: