Website YMCA-YWCA OF WINNIPEG
Early Childhood Educator
JOIN THE YMCA-YWCA OF WINNIPEG!
Child Care Supervisor, School Age Program
Full Time, 35 hours per week (split shift)
Dr. Hamilton Child Care, 3225 Henderson Highway
At the Y, we’ve never met a kid whose potential we couldn’t see. With 35+ child care centres in and around Winnipeg, we’re able to help 1,900 kids grow in mind,spirit and body each year. To make a difference in a child’s life, keep reading!
Why work at the Y?
· Great people and great work environment!
· Many opportunities for growth & advancement
· Flexible shifts that work around most school schedules
· We pay most of your benefit premiums
· Complimentary Y individual membership
· 5% employer-matching pension plan
Are you the right fit?
· Able to supervise, lead and support a staff team
· Able to manage the day to day operations/administration
· Able to develop, lead and implement programs which meet children’s needs
· Able to build positive relationships with children and families
· Able to monitor and apply ELCC and the Y’s standards and requirements
· Honest, trustworthy and respectful in your approach with children
What else do you need?
· Manitoba Early Childhood Educator Level 2 or 3 or Child Care Assistant in Training (provide proof of enrollment in a qualifying Early Childhood Educator program)
· Experience supervising staff
· Experience working with preschool or school age children
· Proven leadership and conflict resolution skills
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to perform administration duties and complete written documentation
· Emergency First Aid and CPR C certification
· Clear Police Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search and Child Abuse Registry Check
The Y is committed to providing an inclusive environment where diversity is welcomed and encouraged. If you require accommodation during any part of the recruitment or selection process, please don’t hesitate to reach out. This includes providing you with alternate formats of this posting.
The Y is entrusted to provide a safe environment for children and vulnerable individuals. All applicants will be thoroughly screened through a review process including Police Record Checks with Vulnerable Sector Search and Child Abuse Registry Checks.
We thank you for your interest; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
|Application Deadline||September 24th, 2023|
Submit your cover letter and resume to: