Website YMCA-YWCA OF WINNIPEG
Child Care Assistant
JOIN THE YMCA-YWCA OF WINNIPEG!
Childminder, Care for Newcomer Children
Part Time (Tuesday to Friday, 8:30-11:30 a.m.)
Downtown Community Hub, 301 Vaughan Street
The Newcomer Program at the YMCA-YWCA of Winnipeg helps newcomers adjust to life in Canada, connect with the community, access resources and more! As the Childminder within the program, you will be responsible for providing quality care with a child-centered approach to the children participating in the Care for Newcomer Children (CNC) program.
Why work at the Y?
· You make a difference in a child’s life everyday
· Great people and dynamic work environment
· Complimentary individual Y membership
· 5% employer-matching pension plan
· Super rewarding job, helping children grow and prosper!
Are you the right fit?
· Plan appropriate activities for children
· Provide and participate in activities and experiences that meet the individual developmental needs of the children
· Assess the skills, abilities, interests and needs of children
· Guide and assist children in the development of healthy habits
· Prepare and serve nutritious/allergy safe food in accordance with the Canada Food Guide
· Understand and be aware of settlement issues and the concerns of newcomer children and parents
What else do you need?
· Experience working with children preferred
· Manitoba Child Care Assistant certificate preferred
· Emergency First Aid and CPR C certification
· Verbal fluency in English and additional languages such as Arabic, Tigrinya, Amharic and Somali
· Strong organizational and time management skills
· Problem solving skills and ability to deal with difficult situations
· Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
The Y is committed to providing an inclusive environment where diversity is welcomed and encouraged. If you require accommodation during any part of the recruitment or selection process, please don’t hesitate to reach out. This includes providing you with alternate formats of this posting.
The Y is entrusted to provide a safe environment for children and vulnerable individuals. All applicants will be thoroughly screened through a review process including Police Record Checks with Vulnerable Sector Search and Child Abuse Registry Checks.
We thank you for your interest; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
|Application Deadline||October 8th, 2023|
Submit your cover letter and resume to:
Tim Van Slyke, ESL Coordinator