Inclusion Facilitator/Child Care Assistant
St. Andrews Child Care Inc.
Job Description: St Andrews Child Care Inc. is a dual site facility. We are located north of the perimeter (5-15 minutes from North Main Street) in the West St Paul and St Andrews communities. We are looking for a fun loving and passionate Inclusion Facilitator/Child Care Assistant to join the preschool program at our St. Andrews site. We ask that potential candidates possess the following:
- The ability to work collaboratively with other staff to support the positive emotional, physical, social and cognitive development of the child with additional needs as well as meeting the needs of the other children in the room.
- Have lots of energy, stamina and the dedication to bring the best experience for the child with additional needs as well as all the children in the program.
- the ability to set and implement goals according to the child’s developmental abilities and needs.
- a positive and friendly attitude
- initiative and capacity to work with minimal supervision
- the ability to maintain consistency with policies, behaviour management, attitude, attendance, confidentiality, professionalism and reliability.
- able to build positive and professional partnerships with administration, staff and families
- the ability to problem solve and work as part of a team
- Enjoy being outside, playing and getting messy with the children.
We offer a competitive salary, $16.05 to start, and a comprehensive benefits package. We have a great team and wonderful working conditions in the beautiful community of St. Andrews.
- Minimum of two years experience working in the field of childcare
- Passionate about Inclusion
- Knowledge and experience working with children with additional needs, specifically Global Developmental Delay, Autism Spectrum Disorder and ADHD.
- Current criminal record and child abuse checks
- Current CPR and First Aid
- Knowledge of Circle of Security would be an asset
- Have transportation to and from our facility as we are not on a bus route
||February 28th, 2023
Contact information: To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to the Executive Director, Debbie Russell. Please include in your cover letter where your passion lies and experience with inclusion support. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: 204-669-1212
Go back to employment opportunities