Website Manitoba Métis Federation (MMF)
Early Childhood Educator
The Manitoba Métis Federation (MMF) is the National Government of the Red River Métis – also known as the Manitoba Métis. The Red River Métis are Canada’s Negotiating Partners in Confederation and the Founders of the Province of Manitoba.
The MMF seeks to fill one full-time Early Childhood Educator (II/III) position within our Michif Children’s Place Childcare Centre located at 525 Main St South in Dauphin, MB. The Early Childhood Educator’s primary responsibility is the care and education of children, as well as assisting in delivering Métis-specific programming and curriculum.
· Maintain a learning environment that is positive, relaxed, pleasant, nurturing, and supports Métis specific curriculum;
· Establish and maintain a safe and healthy learning environment;
· Develop opportunities for children to become stewards of the local environment;
· Support children’s attempts to resolve their problems and differences with others;
· Encourage children to express their feelings and assert their rights in socially acceptable ways;
· Respond to incidents and handle emergencies appropriately if they occur;
· Maintain program equipment and assist in light housekeeping and cooking duties;
· Attend monthly staff meetings to discuss the progress and challenges of children and centre and other discussions as necessary.
Skills and Qualifications:
· ECE II/III Diploma or other recognized training by MB ELCC;
· Minimum of two years’ experience as an Early Childhood Educator or relevant role with demonstrated ability to deliver programs and services;
· Experience working with children with additional support needs;
· Knowledge and ability to implement effective positive guidance techniques, using the Circle of Security Approach;
· Valid 1st Aid/CPR Certification;
· Circle of Security Certificate an asset;
· Clear Vulnerable Sector Check, Criminal Record Check, and Child Abuse Registry Check;
· Knowledge of Métis culture, heritage, and language an asset; and,
· Ability to travel, valid Manitoba Driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle.
|Application Deadline||April 8th, 2023|
Please submit your resume and cover letter, referencing the job posting number by Wednesday, March 22, 2023. Posting #22-14-019 (REPOSTED)
The MMF requires a satisfactory criminal record check prior to commencement of employment. The MMF will accept existing criminal record checks if dated within 3 months of your start date. Obtaining this document is not a guarantee of employment.