Little Saints Learning Center
Little Saints Learning Centre Inc (LSLC) opened its doors in October 2001 and provides a safe, caring learning environment for staff, children and families in the St. Vital community. Our guiding principles include acceptance of each child as an individual with rights to respect and care in a safe, warm and nurturing environment. We recognize all children have specific abilities and needs, as well as a unique relationship to the world reflecting their family’s background, history and culture. We also believe that children learn through active exploration and therefore need a safe but challenging environment. They need encouragement and guidance to be self-directing and to develop a desire to learn. Limits are set to enable development of self-control and if discipline is necessary, staff are encouraged to use a positive and objective manner.
We believe our Early Childhood Educators should be trained and knowledgeable in child development. We have implemented Circle of Security training annually for all staff which will remain ongoing under a new Executive Director. The LSLC Executive Director will report directly to the LSLC Board of Directors and the Early Learning and Child Care (ELCC), Manitoba Education and Early Childhood Learning child care learning coordinator as assigned. This individual will have responsibility over the administrative and service delivery aspect of Little Saints programs. This position will supervise two site supervisors and more than 20 staff currently providing care for 86 children and infants plus a 30 child summer program. Salary range $60,000-$75,000 based on experience, with performance-based bonus to be discussed with the successful candidate.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities:
· Provides supervision, strategic vision, leadership and support to all centre staff, supervisors, and the Board to maintain efficient operations in compliance with the MCCA code of Ethics and Little Saints Code of Conduct
· Ensures licensing requirements are met at all times
· Proactively seeks and completes provincial/regional grants as applicable and directed.
· Oversees the financial viability of the organization through budget management in the areas of fee collection, invoicing, for purchase of services, monthly child care fees, and balancing revenue and expenditures
· Maintenance of Little Saints Summer Learning Program on an ongoing basis. This includes staffing, sourcing locations, applying for grants, intake and oversight of the program.
· Manages accounts receivable and accounts payable reporting with respect to monthly cash flow, ensuring fraud awareness practices are implemented at all times. This includes development and application of sound bookkeeping and accounting procedure and ensure they are followed when preparing and maintaining complete accurate financial records, including accounts payable, fee statements, receipts, petty cash, bank statements, bank deposits, etc
· Formulates the annual operating budget according to municipal/regional/provincial funding guidelines to submit for Board approval and for audit
· Oversees and manages enrollment at all LSLC sites
· Supports the Board through frequent and open communication by email and advises when new policies are needed or old policies need to be revisited
· Facilitates monthly meetings, prepare reports and implements all approved policies
· Conducts ongoing informal and annual formal performance evaluations of centre staff and site leads
· Facilitates the recruitment and coordinates the selection, hiring and orientation of all new LSLC staff within the licensing requirements to meet the staffing needs along with competitive wages
· Ensures that all hiring procedures and practices are compliant with the current Government of Manitoba Labour Laws
· Ensures that all approved policies are implemented with appropriate training, monitoring and follow-up. The ED will continue to ensure LSLC policies are compliant with Child and Family Services Act, CCSM c C80; The Community Child Care Standards Act, CCSM c C158; The Human Rights Code, CCSM c H175; Criminal Code of Canada, RSC 1985, c C-46; The Regulated Health Professions Act, CCSM c R117; and Manitoba Law.
· Duties assigned by the Board as needed
ECE level III with 5 to 10+ years’ experience working in Child Care.
Director experience preferred, but supervisor experience is required. Valid Standard First Aid and Level “C” CPR. Negative criminal records and child abuse registry check.
Superior interpersonal, organizational and communication skills; high degree of initiative and dedication; team player; demonstrated proficiency in book keeping; commitment to high quality programming for children and a supportive work environment for staff.
Access to a car is required as travel to both locations will be needed to meet the business needs.
|Application Deadline||February 9th, 2023|
Application cover letters and CVs can be sent by email to email@example.com