MCCA’s Resource Library has an extensive collection of books, publications and videos on a wide range of topics on early learning and child care as a service and as a profession.
Members may access resources by visiting MCCA’s library in person during office hours:
8:00 AM to 4:00 PM – Monday to Friday
If you can’t come to MCCA, phone 204-586-8587 to order library resources by telephone. We will mail you the book and will provide you with a return envelope and postage too!
Non-Winnipeg members may call toll free at 1-888-323-4676 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The library is also open in the evenings or on Saturdays when workshops are scheduled, but please call before coming to confirm there hasn’t been a change.
MCCA Resource Library borrowing privileges:
Here is a list of some of the periodicals we keep in the library:
- Child Care BRIDGES
- Child Care Information Exchange
- Young Children
- Canadian Children
A curriculum kit has a variety of resources that can be used to further children’s learning in an area of interest. The kits have puzzles, books, games, manipulative toys and activities. For example, the posters and figurines in the dinosaur kit bring the prehistoric era to life. Curriculum kits must be reserved and are available for a three week lending period.
Kits currently available include the following:
- Costume: Age range: 2-12 yrs. With this kit, you don’t have to wait for Halloween to be a mermaid, princess, firefighter, or doctor. This kit will allow children to express themselves and use their imagination, through dress up and play.
- Infant/Toddler: Age range: 6 months-2yrs. With this kit your little ones will be able to discover the world of “play” with some wonderful resources, such as: noise makers, animal toys on wheels, rattles, and many more educational toys. This kit also contains many wonderful children’s books.
- Pre-school Games: Age range: 2-7 yrs. With this kit, children will have everything they need for hours of gaming fun. This will teach the children how to follow instructions, while teaching them sportsmanship.
- School-age Games 1 & 2: Age range: 5-12 yrs. With these kitst, the children will have hours of gaming fun. This kit contains everything from Twister to Multiplication Bingo, to the Game of Knowledge. Kit 1 has 17 games and kit 2 has 10 games. See photo below.
- Geocaching: Age range: 8-12 yrs. This kit offers a wonderful outdoor experience. The kit includes: 4 GPS receivers, 2 compasses, and 2 containers of items for hiding. This kit also contains instructions on how to geocach.
- Ethics in a Tub(for staff development): This kit is great to bring out at a staff meeting or a staff professional development day. Many of the games will challenge your values and beliefs and help to keep the conversation of the Code of Ethics alive in your program. The kit includes games such as: Ethical Bingo, Lost on an Island, and Scruples, to name a few.
- Loose Parts: Coming in Mid September
To reserve a curriculum kit, call Michelle at 204-586-8587 email email@example.com